Unspeakable has found a new home with Haunt Publishing! You can order a copy of the updated version at the Haunt shop.
Unspeakable is an anthology featuring eighteen queer Gothic tales, engaging both with the historical roots of the genre as well as diving into contemporary tropes! After a successful Kickstarter campaign, we are now hard at work polishing the stories to represent the very best of queer Gothic fiction. Expect a lot of spookiness, excitement, and a lot of queer.
The anthology features sapphic ghosts, terrifying creatures of the sea, and haunted houses concealing their own secrets. Whether you’re looking for your non-binary knight in shining armour or a poly family to murder with, Unspeakable showcases the best contemporary Gothic queer short fiction. Even dark tales deserve their time in the sun.
Unspeakable contains the following stories:
- Let Down by Claire Hamilton Russell
- Moonlight by Ally Kölzow
- An Account of Service at Meryll Point, as recollected and set down by C.L.
- The White Door by Lindsay King-Miller
- Doctor Barlowe’s Mirror by Avery Kit Malone
- Laguna and the Engkanto by Katalina Watt
- The Moon in the Glass by Jude Reid
- Brideprice by S.T. Gibson
- Lure of the Abyss by Jenna MacDonald
- Hearteater by Eliza Temple
- Quicksilver Prometheus by Katie Young
- Homesick by Sam Hirst
- Rodeo by Ryann Fletcher
- Lady of Letters; or, the Twenty-First Century Homunculus by Heather Valentine
- Taylor Hall by Jen Glifort
- The Ruin by E. Saxey
- The Dream Eater by Anna Moon
- Leadbitter House by Mason Hawthorne
Cover and interior artwork by Jenni Coutts. Please note that digital downloads cannot be returned once accessed.